Record Questions »  [SOLVED] Does Pagan Altar have any intention of releasing their new album 'Never Quite Dead'?
Does Pagan Altar have any intention of releasing their new album 'Never Quite Dead'?

Sorry, just didn't know how exactly to start this topic. But I just had to get it out of my mind somehow, so that someone who might be able to answer can help me here.

I know it has been tough for PA, who might still be mourning from the passing of Terry Jones, but does Dean Alexander their drummer have any plans or intention to posthumously release the 'Never Quite Dead' album sometime in the future?

Any leads might be of great help. You see, I just cant wait for that release to come out, Terry Jones' passing away notwithstanding. Please don't mistake me as being insensitive or selfish.

Bentley
Random avatar
India (in) Male

Topics Solved: 0

There are contact details for Pagan Altar on the band's homepage.

http://www.paganaltar.co.uk/index.htm

When you get a reply, you can let us all have an update.
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 98

Hey Easternthunder,

All I got from the Pagan Altar site, were just two email IDs for oracle records, but I got delivery failure daemons upon sending enquiries to either of those ID.

In short, it was a dead end.

Any other ideas?
Random avatar
India (in) Male

Topics Solved: 0

bentley.ethelbert wrote:Hey Easternthunder,

Any other ideas?

Alas, no. (idk)
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 98

Not an official reply or anything, but I did receive a response from someone who had worked with the band in the past, though not anytime recently. They said it's ultimately up to the remaining band members, but unfortunately for us, probably not too likely. Terry Jones' illness had been interfering with his vocals and although they were technically completed, they were not quite up to par. This, coupled with some of the other members focusing on their own individual projects more recently, make it unlikely that the album will be released as previously stated, but I think it's anyone's guess as to what will happen in the far future.

! canadaspaceman wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pagan_Altar/The_Room_of_Shadows/661775
Originally intended for release several years prior, titled "Never Quite Dead", the album was partly re-recorded after Terry Jones' death.
Ire
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 1

Ire wrote:Not an official reply or anything, but I did receive a response from someone who had worked with the band in the past, though not anytime recently. They said it's ultimately up to the remaining band members, but unfortunately for us, probably not too likely. Terry Jones' illness had been interfering with his vocals and although they were technically completed, they were not quite up to par. This, coupled with some of the other members focusing on their own individual projects more recently, make it unlikely that the album will be released as previously stated, but I think it's anyone's guess as to what will happen in the far future.

Makes sense, but it had been reported (while Terry was ill) by someone close to the band that the album had actually been mastered and that the artwork was being worked on.
While your points are valid, if what I heard was true as well I'd be inclined (perhaps rather optimistically) that it'd be released to honour him and his legacy. Of course, if it does get released it will understandably perhaps not be for some time.
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 2

« Return to Record Questions