Demos [Speed / Thrash] » False Hope (US-OH) - Cease to Exist [Demo] (1987) / Guilty of Everything [Demo] (1989)
  • https://i.imgur.com/v0B0Rhh.png

Artist: False Hope
    Release: Demos 1987-89
    Genre: Thrash Metal / Crossover
    Bitrate: 192kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to BloodOfChrist for the rip!.

Band Info

Formed originally started in 1985 with Chris Smith on bass, Bryan Lehr on drums, Robbie Spira on vocals, and Dana Embrose on guitar. Recorded a 4 song demo before Chris joined Smear The Queer and False Hope disbanded. False Hope then formed what would be known as thier original lineup in 1986, with Greg Cancassi on drums, Scott Eakin on guitar, Dave Evey on vocals, and Chris Smith on bass. This lineup recorded the "Cease To Exist" demo at Beat Farm Studios. In 1987 Chris Smith started playing guitar for False Hope, along with the new second guitar player Scott Silverman. At the same time Dave Araca joined as the band bass player. In 1988 Greg Cancassi left the band so Dave Araca started playing drums for the band and Sam Lopiccolo joined as the new bass player. This lineup (Evey, Smith, Lopiccolo, Araca) recorded the "Guilty of Everything" demo in 1989, and some other never-released tracks in 1990. After Dave Evey left the band in 1990 the remaining members became the band Asphalt.

Chemically Retarded recorded 2 songs ("Agony of Defeat" and "Peer Pressure") for an obscure compilation called "Consumer Blackmail Vol. 2". One of the songs, "Agony Of Defeat", was later recorded by False Hope on the "Cease To Exist" demo (1987).

Not to be confused with the other band named False Hope from the US.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cease to Exist (Demo 1987)
    1. Carrions Keep
    2. Start Again
    3. Maybe Murder
    4. Revenge of the Electric Pie Man
    5. Layed Back
    6. Not Your Day
    7. Agony of Defeat
    8. Fallen Hero
    9. Cease to Exist

Guilty of Everything (Demo 1989)
    1. Solution of the Mortals
    2. Imagine
    3. Not Your Day
    4. The Flesh & the Bone
    5. Blades of Grass
    6. Iron Web
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Frank Makue

Topics Solved: 17

Jamie Walters (Midnight, ex-Destructor, ex-Boulder)'s rips lifted from me on soulseek and spread around mislabeled and incomplete... Anyway, great band. A compilation CD has been out for a while now. A much better quality version of NOT YOUR DAY was on Dark Empire Strikes Back comp (1992) alongside MYSTIK, BLOOD OF CHRIST, HATRIX, BOWEL, INTEGRITY, OUTFACE, PALE CREATION, SPLINTER, ASPHALT, FACE VALUE, and many other great metal and hardcore bands and a couple joke tracks as well. Awesome CD
    This 17-year-old kid who lived in New York contacted me... The kid’s name was Kenny... he said “You are The Mezmerist!”... I said, “What makes you think that I am The Mezmerist?” And he qualified it.

- TOM "MEZO" POLLOCK (Decibel magazine)
    United States (us) Male  YouTube 
    Name: BloodOfChrist

Topics Solved: 4

I just wanted to clear up some info here....
    This Cease To Exist rip is INCOMPLETE...
    And Guilty of Everything is 88 not 89.

That 1 minute 30 second long track labeled "Cease To Exist" is a random track originally in my folder as " '' " ...cause i labeled it before i listened and realized it was just a cut short version of THE EXACT SAME FILE of Agony Of Defeat... which is there too and it stil spread?

WARNING: This next statement has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POSTER, he just got the same shit everyone else got after the damage was already done. Nobody should be blamed for perpetuating something that have no way to prove otherwise and honestly believe to be true. However the original folder I had was not trying to look like a complete demo, it was just all the tracks above numbered 1-15.... of course it also wasnt meant to be SPREAD AROUND.... ADDED ON M-A AS A 9 TRACK DEMO... and REVIEWED BY SOMEONE who no doubt reviewed the shitty 128 kbps incomplete cd-r rip that spread around.

I guess whoever tried to make my folder look as much like a complete set as possible decided they didnt want to me missing ANOTHER track and whatd you know an extra random track! How convenient.... I hate misinformation creating fucking dickbags.
    NOTE: This is probably the same cocksucker who got my shitty 96kbps Myspace rips of 2/3 of a Chemikill set in a folder called "myspace files"... and went on the myspace and saw the misspelled venue name (and incomplete song titles)... and a few months of spreading later and "Chemikil Live @ The Fantasy" a "Live Demo" that was added to Metal Archives and shown up on tons of trade lists.... FML.

Somebody went out of their way to deceptively make that folder look like a complete set, when LUCKILY I kept the rest of the CD (2 other demos) in another folder that hopefully hasnt spread the way this has....
    It was sheer chance that I ACCIDENTALLY left the random cut track in that folder....now its been dubbed the Title Track of the demo to tons of people even though the EXACT SAME file is also Agony Of Defeat, annoying feedback and all. FUCK THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN....

CEASE TO EXIST PROPER TRACK LIST...

1. Carrions Keep
    2. Start Again
    3. Maybe Murder
    4. Revenge Of The Electric Pie Man
    5. Layed Back
    6. Iron Web
    7. Not Your Day
    8. Agony Of Defeat
    9. Fallen Hero
    10. Cease To Exist
    11. Blades of Grass

They have other demos in 85, 88 (AFTER Guity Of Everything) and 90, 4, 3, and 4 songs respectively.
    This 17-year-old kid who lived in New York contacted me... The kid’s name was Kenny... he said “You are The Mezmerist!”... I said, “What makes you think that I am The Mezmerist?” And he qualified it.

Well this sucks... they were supposed to do a CD back around 2006-2007 on Shifty Records but it never happened.... im waiting for a band member (Sinner) to try and find a Cease To Exist tape to rip, theres no official release sadly I thought there was when I posted that I remember the announcement of it "coming soon" and the art and everything but i just found out it never actually happened,.... fuckin sucks!!

The only way I got the tracks that I got was Athenar/Jamie (Midnight) burned me a copy of everything (w/ the incomplete copy of Cease To Exist) around 2004-2005. I gotta find an original tape but it seems like hardly anyone even has a personal copy...

« Return to Demos [Speed / Thrash]