Demos [Speed / Thrash] » Hatred (US-NJ) - Unreleased Demo (1987)
  • https://www.metal-archives.com/images/5/6/1/0/56105_logo.png

Artist: Hatred
    Release: Unreleased Demo 1989 1987
    Genre: Thrash Metal/Crossover
    Bitrate: VBR
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This New Jersey band made a bit of a name for themselves in the underground with their primitive "deathcore" sound, but by this time they were playing some powerful crossover-tinged thrash with harsh vocals. I believe this was their last recording before breaking up shortly afterwards.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Falling From The Sky
    2. Look What You've Done
    3. Autistic
    4. Submerge
    Random avatar
    United States (us) FemaleFemale

Topics Solved: 2

I don't have this demo (at least tagged as you did - being a unreleased 1989 demo of the New Jersey band...)...
    But i have other demo of 1987 from a band called Hatred tagged precisely as being a different band from the New Jersey...

the tracks on this 1987 Demo are :

1 - Look What You've Done
    2 - Autistic
    3 - Falling From The Sky

Anyone here also have this ? Anyway here's a alternative link with these 3 tracks i have - sound a bit better than your rip, i think...
    Hidden Link

• 3 likes this

Last edited by canadaspaceman on 26 Sep 2017, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: mediafire link hid

Topics Solved: 18

Interesting. The information I got is that this was their final recording session, after their last demo from '87. They broke up in '89 or '90. In any case, this is definitely Hatred from West Orange, the same band who released stuff like "Drowning in Afterbirth", etc. in the mid 80s. I asked my friend who passed this on to me and he said he originally got it from this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bw9eBeJzG4

Looks like that might have been uploaded by a former band member, so that should confirm it was by the same band. Looking at that Youtube link, it seems there's also an alternate version of the demo "Mindless" from '87 with an extra track. He also put up stuff from an unknown post-Hatred band called Planet Dread, which seems to be more in a psychedelic/alternative direction.

The same guy I got this demo from also sent me a few other obscure NJ demos from the late 80s/early 90s (stuff that's not on MA), so I trust his information is pretty accurate.
    Random avatar
    United States (us) FemaleFemale

Topics Solved: 2

Thanks for the info.
    That was a healthy way of discuss a small doubt on a demo release.
    I keep correcting all the stuff i have in digital but always shows up sooner or later 1 more different date or something else on a demo or in a live recording.
    I'm gonna keep both 2 rips anyway.

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 18

Yes, this is the New Jersey band, and the demo was released in 1987, as it was reviewed in Disorder #2 (1987) and Underground Offensive #2 (also from 1987). Five of their other tapes are reviewed in DemoLition, but I'm still trying to dig up Violence from Hell (1984) and Unholy Mass (1985), if anyone has them.
    Random avatar
    Banned

Topics Solved: 1

« Return to Demos [Speed / Thrash]