V/A Compilations » V/A - New Wave of British Heavy Metal '79 Revisited [Compilation] (1990) [Apple Lossless CD Rip]
  • http://i.imgur.com/0A2jIrH.png
    Artist: V/A
    Release: NWOBHM '79 Revisited
    Genres: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: Apple Lossless
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the 1990 Metal Blade Records NWOBHM compilation (otherwise known as the Lars Ulrich compilation). Everybody knows the details about this release, so I'm not going to go into to much detail about it. It has a pretty nice collection of songs for the most part. It never delves into any real obscurities, but rather tends to play it by the numbers. Lars was a true fan of the movement, so his knowledge was legit. However, he let his own tastes get the better of him with the inclusion of two Diamond Head tracks. I love Diamond Head, but it's really unnecessary. I never looked at it as a legitimate NWOBHM compilation in the same way as Brute Force or New Electric Warriors. But I guess that's why it's called '79 "Revisited." It doesn't seem to have the underground cache that I appreciate. My feelings about it though may have more to do with the fact that Metallica sold out and became mainstream. Anyway, I know that there are many on here who would not mind having this release in lossless, so I uploaded it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc 1:
    1. Diamond Head-It's Electric
    2. Sweet Savage-Eye Of The Storm
    3. Saxon-Motorcycle Man
    4. White Spirit-Cheetah
    5. Raven-Don't Need Your Money
    6. Paralex-White Lightning
    7. Def Leppard-Getcha Rocks Off
    8. Weapon-Set The Stage Alight
    9. Samson-Vice Versa
    10. Hollow Ground-Fight With The Devil
    11. Girlschool-Demoiltion Boys
    12. Witchfynde-Leaving Nadir

Disc 2:
    1. Iron Maiden-Sanctuary
    2. Jaguar-Back Street Woman
    3. Tygers Of Pan Tang-Killers
    4. Gaskin-I'm No Fool
    5. Sledgehammer-Sledgehammer
    6. Venom-Angel Dust
    7. Angel Witch-Extermination Day
    8. Trespass-One Of These Days
    9. Holocaust-Death Or Glory
    10. Vardis-If I Were King
    11. Blitzkrieg-Blitzkrieg
    12. Diamond Head-Helpless
    13. Dragster-Ambitions
    14. AIIZ-Treason
    15. Witchfinder General-Witchfinder General
    16. Black Axe-Red Lights
    17. Fist-S.S. Giro
    18. Praying Mantis-Captured City
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

VardisRules wrote:I just realized that this is missing the Tygers Of Pan Tang track on disc #2. I don't know what happened. I had this on disc for years. I burned it from the lossless files, and then traded it. Somehow, the track is missing. It kind of upsets me, because I stored it on Mega to keep it in lossless. But now that it is incomplete, I don't feel the need to store it. If you want these tracks, you can download them, but I will probably delete this from Mega in about a week.

Here's Tygers' song, so it's complete now:)

Hidden Link

• 2 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

VardisRules wrote:I have have a vinyl rip of this song TOPT's Wild Cat and I have it on original CD. I just didn't want to add it from those sources. I only really wanted to add the track if it came from the Metal Blade 2-disc edition of this release for consistency purposes. If it's from the NWOBHM Revisited source, I can add this track that you sent and then create a new link.

Yes, of course, it's from 79 Revisited, Japanese edition, though, but it's the same release.
    I checked and compared with your version and there is no difference in sound what so ever, identical versions. Yes, you can add Tygers' song, that would be great
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

I added the Tyger's track and it is now complete. A big thanks to Akira for finishing this off.

• 1 likes this
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

« Return to V/A Compilations