Lossless [NWOBHM] » Carrera (UK) - Demo (1984) [Lossless WAV]
  • https://i.imgur.com/yBhjqat.png

Artist: Carrera
    Release: Demo 1984
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: Lossless
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    As requested by 'Fanis' back in 2013 and 'Strappado' today as noted here viewtopic.php?f=137&t=9523

This UK NWOBHM band was active circa 1984-1989. During their career they relocated to LA circa 1987 by which time they had an almost completely new line-up of Ricky Burnstone (g), David Montgomery ex-Tilt (v), Mark McConnell ex-Madam X (d) and Aaron Samson (b). This 'new' line-up recorded a two(?) track demo; Shout it out loud & Take control (which is supposed to sound a bit like Tesla), as reviewed in Metal Forces #35.

At times the vocals come across like early Dee Snider (not a bad thing in my opinion).

I don't know why 'Boris1' thinks this is a kind of crappy demo... I like it. There's also a really good chance Boris' copy came from me.

I saw them live in London with Ore, in support of Angel Witch in 1985 and they were a good solid driving rock/metal band.

15 minutes of Lossless NWOBHM rarity that's been sitting in the tygerhead collection for 37 years

Band Line-up on Demo 1984:
    Martin Kelser ex-Tyrant (Glouster) (v)
    Ricky Burnstone (g)
    Mark Walker ex-Tyrant (Glouster) (d)
    ? (b) - I don't know who the bass player was.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. On the road
    2. Fool
    3. Finale peace
    Bringer of Steel
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Stuart

Topics Solved: 30

I can definitely hear the tonal comparison with Dee Snider in the vocals. Kelser's a powerful singer alright, & his style also reminds me of Bill Mattson of Tangier & Dead End Kids somewhat & the guitar player here was no slouch either. Thanks for sharing this one tygerhead, it perfectly hits that sweet spot between melody & muscle without sacrificing either. Not as easy to accomplish as it sounds. I can absolutely hear why they thought the U.S. might be better suited to their style, but they had more grit than most bands of this ilk had over there.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 150

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Lossless [NWOBHM]